When packing for your summer trip to Iceland remember that summer does not always mean hot. Warm summer days in Iceland normally reach a high of just 15ºC. Beyond your normal travel clothing, there are many items that you can easily forget you will need in Iceland.
If you plan on camping in Iceland we recommend renting the equipment there, especially if you are traveling with a low cost airline and baggage sizes are limited. We recommend renting from Iceland Camping Equipment as they offer high quality gear perfect for every adventure.
We have created the ultimate 21 item packing list to make sure your adventure to Iceland this summer is the best it can be!
- A pair of hiking shoes
- Flip flops for the shower
- Swimwear for the hot springs
- Thermal t-shirts and thermal underwear for glacier hikes or ice caving
- Waterproof jacket or poncho
- Sweaters: bring layers
- Waterproof gloves
- Waterproof pants for rainy days and waterfall hikes
- Sleeping mask as the days never do get truly dark
- Lip Balm
- Quick dry towels
- Power plug adapter if not coming from Europe
- Power strip
- Roadtrip Playlist
- More socks than you think you will need as there are many hikes were your shoes can easily get wet
- Camera with extra SD cards and batteries
- Telephoto lens
- Sweatpants for the chilly nights
- A great backpack! Read this awesome post about finding the best backpack for travel.
If you think we are missing something from our packing list or if there is anything you do not leave home without, please let us know in the comments below.