If you are planning your trip to Iceland this article is perfect for you! If you are not yet planning a trip, you will be after seeing how many amazing places there are to explore in the land of fire and ice.
You can spend the day freezing cold, hiking a glacier and spend the evening relaxing in the country’s many thermal hot springs. Volcanoes, waterfall and unique landscapes make Iceland a dream destination for all those with wanderlust.
We have selected our 22 favorite places you need to visit and adventures you need to have in your trip to the gorgeous country of Iceland.
1. Dyrholaey Arch
2. Hverir Geothermal Area
3. Relax in the Blue Lagoon/ Geothermal pool
4. Climb aboard the Crashed Plane
5. Walk behind the Seljalandfoss Waterfall
6. Climb into Kerio Crater
7. Watch the Geysir erupt
8. Get your toes wet at the black sand beach
9. Svartifoss Waterfall
10. Explore the beautiful town of Seyðisfjörður
11. Visit the Detifoss and Selfoss Waterfall
12. Witness the northern lights during winter or enjoy the midnight sun during summer
13. Take the most iconic photo in Kirkjufellfoss waterfall in the Snaefells peninsula.
14. Watch the sunset over Hraunfossar
15. Hike Kolugljufur Canyon at sunrise
16. Skogafoss Waterfall
17. Godafoss Waterfall
18. Oxagarfoss Waterfall
19. Visit the Jokulsarlon Lagoon and Diamond Beach
20. Gullfoss Waterfall
21. Dive along the Silfra Fissure
22. Climb to the top of Hallgrimskirkja Church
Save this article for later ⇟