This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #SnowshoePower #CollectiveBias #skicocacola
With three unique ski areas boasting 157 skiable acres and 1,500 feet of vertical, Snowshoe Mountain is hands down on of the best place on the lower East Coast to experience winter fun. We enjoyed a weekend getaway to Snowshoe, a scenic six hour drive from Raleigh, North Carolina.
On our drive to Snowshoe we stopped at Kroger in Roanoke, VA to get food supplies for the weekend as our room featured a kitchenette in the Allegheny Springs in the heart of Village Central.
Since we were planning to spend ample time on the mountain we bought Core Power® at Kroger, with 26 grams of protein per bottle to keep us energized throughout the day. Core Power® will be introducing an updated Core Power 14 oz with 20% more ounces per bottle, 80% less sugar for your diet (vs. previous formulation) and still 26 grams of protein per bottle!
With several inches of fresh snow on the ground we were excited to see all that Snowshoe Mountain has to offer under the bright and warming sun, even though it was below freezing the entire weekend.
Several years out of practice we both stuck to the green trails to get back the feel of the snowboard. The resort also offers many blue square and black diamond trails across the mountain along with one double black diamond trail for those more experienced riders.
The first day in Snowshoe we spent getting used to riding the snowboard down some easy hills and making our way onto the ski lift, without falling off while getting off. By the end of the second day, we could make it all the way down the green trail with only one or two falls.
So much more than ski and snowboard at Snowshoe Mountain
Honestly our favorite our adventure at Snowshoe mountain was not just the 60 trails and 157 skiable acres, but the other activities available during our stay.
Coca-Cola Tube Park
We had an amazing afternoon at the 8-lane, 6-story Coca-Cola Tube Park. There is no need to walk to the top of the hill with a special tube lift, where you can sit back and enjoy the ride to the top. When you reach the top be prepared for a heart pounding ride to the bottom, reminiscent of our younger days.
If you are looking for a downhill ride spinning to your heart’s content, make sure to tube down the first lane closest to the lift.
Tickets to the Coca-Cola Tube Park are $15 during weekdays and $20 during weekends/holidays for a two hour set session and include your very own tube rental. The Tube Park is located at the Silver Creek ski area and is easily accessible by the free Snowshoe shuttle bus.
Unique dining and shopping outlets
Even though we enjoyed our Core Power® Chocolate one of a kind protein, fueled by fairlife®, while on the mountain, after a day on the slopes we are ready for some rest, relaxation and food. We have the option of cooking our own meal in the kitchenette in our room at the Allegheny Springs lodge or go out for a bite to eat at the handful of restaurants and bars on the top of the mountain.
Live music and Events
As the sun sets the fun does not stop on Snowshoe mountain. There is a variety of daytime events, festivals, competitions and live music. Throughout the winter The Connection features DJs and live music each weekend along with stand up comedy shows to keep you laughing late into the night.
Core Power® Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 6 oz Core Power® Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Hot Chocolate Mix
- 6 oz Water
- 10 Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Crushed Peppermint Stick
- A pinch of Cinnamon
- Whipped Cream
- Bring 6 oz of water to a boil on the stovetop.
- While water is boiling measure out 3 Tbsp of hot chocolate mix into a mug.
- Crush one candy cane or peppermint stick with a thick glass cup.
- When the water begins to boil, turn off heat and let sit for two minutes.
- Pour 6 oz of hot water into the mug and stir for 15 seconds.
- Pour 6 oz of Core Power® Chocolate into the mug and stir to mix.
- Top with whipped cream, peppermint stick, a pinch of cinnamon and marshmallows.
- Enjoy by the fireside or overlooking Snowshoe Mountain.
Book your Snowshoe West Virginia Ski Vacation
In celebration of the 45th anniversary of the founding of Snowshoe Mountain by Doc Brigham you can book a 4-night stay and get 45% off your 4th night.* This deal is good at any of the 30 different Snowshoe managed properties across the mountain top or base of the mountain. No matter which lodging you chose to stay, there is a free shuttle bus to take you across the mountain to reach any part of town or the start of the ski slopes that you are looking for.
While you are making your online accommodation booking there is also the option to purchase lift pases, snow tubing tickets and other activities including snowmobiling and off-roading tours. Prices do vary depending on the day of the week and proximity to a holiday. At the same time some activities do fill up in advance, so it is best to schedule your stay and book in advance.
If it is your first time skiing or snowboarding Snowshoe Mountain offers a great special to get yourself on the slopes. With a Group Beginner Lesson Package, it includes rental equipment, lift ticket for the day and a group class for just $145, which can be the same price as a same day rental and lift ticket.
* This offer is valid for stays between 11/12/18 and 3/20/19 and is based on consecutive night stays at any Snowshoe managed vacation rental property during non-holiday dates. Offer is not valid for December 26, 2018- January 1, 2019; MLK Weekend: January 18-20, 2019; President’s Day Weekend: February 15-17, 2019. Be sure to mention 4th night at 45% off when you book in order to receive your discount. This offer is based on availability and cannot be combined with other offers, some restrictions apply. Offer is not redeemable for cash and is limited to one use per customer. Deposit and cancellation policies apply.
Save this article for later: