El Nido is one of the most popular destinations in the Philippines. It is the home of hidden lagoons, limestone formations, sandbanks and beautiful turquoise water with white sand beaches. El Nido is located on the northern tip of the Palawan Island. We recommend staying at least 4 to 5 days to fully explore the best things to do in El Nido. Book a flight online and get your Philippine airlines ticket today for an adventure you will never forget!
You can go at your own pace, the best thing to do in Palawan is just to explore on your own the surrounding areas and take a El Nido island hopping tour. The little town is the perfect hope to explore the area while being in a cheaper destination. It is safe to travel around.
Important information before your trip:
- There is only one ATM in town that always has money to withdraw.
- The best way to explore the area is by renting a motorbike. The daily rate can range from 400 to 500 PHP (about 7.5 to 9 USD).
- It is better to buy a sim card with the internet than relying on wifi.
- Look for restaurants on online forums and visit the ones with higher reviews.
- To get to El Nido you can either come by boat, car or flights.
- The best time to visit El Nido is during the months of December to March.
The best things to do in El Nido, Palawan
1. El Nido Island Hopping tour
We recommend taking an island hopping tour that takes you to different islands, each one with their own magic and beauty. The tours take you around the protected area of Bacuit Bay, which has 45 islands. In some of the islands you can expect beautiful beaches, lagoons, and wildlife.
2. Visit Duli Beach
Duli Beach is a pristine white sand beach located in the northern tip of El Nido and it offers over 2 kilometers of beautiful and unvisited beach. There is a fee to visit the beach of 50 PHP, which is equivalent to $1 USD. You can also learn to surf or enjoy some drinks while relaxing at the beach.
3. Hike Taraw Cliff
Tara Cliff is the highest point in El Nido and it takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes to make it to the top. Because you will be hiking through sharp rocks it is recommended to wear proper shoes and also to go with a guide. The hike is considered advanced but once you make it to the top you will be rewarded with a stunning view of the surrounding areas.
4. Go for a stroll at Nacpan Beach
Nacpan Beach is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in El Nido. This long 4 kilometer beach offers you the perfect Caribbean environment, you will find coconut trees across the coastline making it a dreamy spot. You can also rent beach beds, drink fresh coconuts or enjoy a delicious meal.
5. Watch sunset in Corong- Corong Beach or Las Cabañas
The best time to visit Corong Corong is in the afternoon so you can be there for sunset. Another option for sunset is Las Cabañas, where you can also swim, go for a stroll, have some drinks and eat delicious food.