New York City, with its central location between Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and Boston, makes for the perfect weekend getaway for any travel loving couple. This vast city has so many things to explore as a couple. Skip the chocolate and roses and bring your special someone on the most romantic weekend in NYC.
What to do in NYC in 3 days Walking Map:
Where to Stay in New York City:
Budget Friendly: HI New York City
I love this hostel because it has many amenities such as pool table, cafe, reading rooms, laundry rooms, dinner tables and kitchen. Even though the location is not close to New York main attractions it is convenient located a block away from the metro and 3 blocks from Central Park. We took the number 1 line and we barley had to change to other lines. In less than 30 minutes you could be in Times Square or Rockefeller Center.
Mid-Range: EVEN Hotels : New York – Midtown East
Bring your travel accommodations to the next level at EVEN Hotels. Their modern hotel concept brings wellness straight into your room, with built in exercise equipment. No need to let your travels interfere with your fitness routine. This central downtown location is just two blocks from the Chrysler Building and three blocks from Grand Central Station.
Luxury: Park Hyatt New York
It is perfect for a luxury romantic getaway. It is located close to Central Park and has a beautiful indoor pool, and if you would like to take it to the next level, request a room with a view of the south end of the park. The hotel as an amazing art gallery and a spa, which will the perfect way to enjoy time with your love one.
Complete Weekend Itinerary to visit NYC:
What to do in NYC on Friday:
- Bushwick, Brooklyn: If you like Street art this is your neighborhood.
- Brooklyn Bridge and Dumbo
- Staten Island Ferry is a free boat ride which cuts across the New York Harbor and offers a great view of Lady Liberty.
- Wall Street
- Visit the World Trade Center and 9/11 Memorial and the Oculus
- Stroll around Chinatown and Little Italy.
What to do in NYC on Saturday:
- Go for the best viewpoints of New York City to the Top of the Rock
- Grand Central Partnership Walking Tours lead a free 90-minute walking tour at 12:30pm every Friday, hitting places like Grand Central Terminal’s ‘whispering gallery’ and the Chrysler Building.
- Get lost in Central Park
- Guggenheim Museum has pay as you wish entry after 5:45 PM on Saturday.
What to do in NYC on Sunday:
- High Line Park offers an urban park on a former railroad track.
- Chelsea Market is a massive food hall and shopping mall mixed into one.
- Go for a walk and take thousands of photos in Times Square
- Take your love one to the Love Sign
- Visit the Vessel. Tickets are made available for two week time periods so plan accordingly. If you run out of luck and there is not more tickets available you can go every morning at 9:30 AM and hope to get a ticket.
Where to eat in New York City:
Dante: With its traditional Italian influence mixed with a modern flare it is hard to find a dish you will not enjoy at Dante’s.
Freemans: Nothing is more romantic than a cozy little restaurant at the end of an alley.
Russ & Daughters: Enjoy some of the best fresh baked bagels in NYC, great for any meal.
Free Walking Tour
Embark on our free New York City walking tour and explore the best of The Big Apple, including the famous Wall Street and the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, among many other sights, with a knowledgeable guide. Do a reservation of the free walking tour here.
Save this article for later ⇟